Sunday, November 24, 2002

Last Tuesday coming up.
Tuesday is the last Tuesday of the month, and therefore it is our charity day at work. We have a bake sale (two office staff bring stuff to sell each month) and we pay to wear something goofy. This month, in honor of Thanksgiving, we're wearing aprons. And our monies collected will go to Volunteers of America. We have a former coworker doing volunteer work there now, so that gives the project immediacy.

It was interesting talking with the women about aprons. I have several old farm ones. (Hmmm, maybe I'd better take better care of them. Google shows this.) My mother was and is big on aprons, as were her mother and grandmothers. That's one of the joys of living in the same area as the ancestors...some stuff gets passed down.

But anyway...the youngest of our office staff is 27. "I don't have any aprons." We'll fix her up. Of the three 40-somethings, two thought they could dig up ones they had made in junior high, while the other used them quite often and had a collection. Surprisingly, Elsie, our senior, said "I never use them!" (But I bet she shows up with one.)

So how's about it? Do you apron or not? I've gotten curious.